Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Importance of Rest

Tonight when I went for my run I learned how important the day of rest really was.  When I started running in the beginning weeks I would run each night if I had time available.  Even if my legs were a little sore I would get out there.  I was doing alright.  The past couple of weeks have been a bit busier and I’ve been forced to take days off in between my evening jogs.  The latest example was this past weekend, I ran on Saturday afternoon, walked in the Susan G. Komen walk on Sunday, was busy on Monday, so didn’t get out at all, and tonight I was finally able to get out.  I was able to run further than I have since I started training again.  At one point I had to stop to retie my shoe laces, if I hadn’t done that I think I’d have kept going even longer.

I’m definitely proud of my achievements, and look forward to my run on Thursday.  Tomorrow will be another day off, and hopefully Thursday I do better than today!  Also, I have a new motivation, I signed up for the Get Your Rear in Gear run on October 13th, and I’m running it, my first 5k!  I’m really excited and want to make sure I’m able to run the whole thing, or at least most of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment