Monday, October 8, 2012

Running at Night

Tonight I decided to try running at night.  I got home from work a little later than I’d have liked because I had to make a couple stops on the way home, and then I had to get my laundry done.  After all that I figured I’d go out for my run.  I got a couple new long sleeved running shirts yesterday that I wanted to try out.  I got all geared up, had my blinking arm band on, put the pepper spray in my back pocket (just in case, you never know..) my phone strapped to my other arm because I don’t have many pockets, and a flashlight in hand so I could see where I’m going next.  I live in a rural area without many street lights, and there are woods and farmland around.  I think I’m more concerned with the wildlife in the woods, there probably aren’t bears, but I’d hate to run into a coyote or something else like that.  Just the wind in the leaves, and not knowing what’s around me just freaks me out a little bit.  I made a half mile lap around the apartment complex and then came back in.  I figure if I go out again, I just need to do 6 laps for my 3 miles that I’m training for, but I think I’m going to try to stick to daylight.  As it gets closer to winter I know the days will get shorter, but I’ll hang in there as long as I can.  In December my gym membership picks back up, so I can run on the track in there when it comes time, I just want to keep my road running going too.

No comments:

Post a Comment