Saturday, October 20, 2012

New Distance Record!

This morning I went out for my Saturday run, which has become regular in my schedule.  It was a little chilly, but that quickly went away once I got running.  My intent was to run 3.1 miles and see if I could improve my time.  While it’s not all about time for me, it is a way I can measure my fitness level.

Once I got through the 3.1 miles I decided to keep going to make it 4 miles.  I’m going to have to push myself if I want to improve, and I really want to do a quarter marathon next summer, and then a half marathon next fall.  I’m glad to say I got through the 4 miles in about 55 minutes.  My overall pace was 13:56 min/mi, which I’m very proud of.  I’m happy to be under that 14:00 mark that I was above for so long.  I did have to stop to walk a couple times, but overall I think I did a great job.

Since I accomplished 4 miles I’m confident that I’ll be able to do the quarter marathon in June.  By that time I should also be conditioned even better and ready to tackle the half marathon I have planned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment