Sunday, October 28, 2012

Brrr… It’s Cold Outside!!

I’ve been keeping up my training even as the temperatures outside have fallen.  The past couple days it’s been in the 30’s on my morning runs.  I took a couple days off this week since my knee has been bothering me, but was able to get back out there yesterday.  I didn’t run as fast and as long as I normally would have, but I at least wanted to see if I could keep going. I managed to get outside to run this morning as well, although I could tell my knee was still not quite right.

The Jingle Bell Run is next Sunday, and I want to make sure I can at least participate.  I’m not concerned about doing that well, it’s just one of those things I signed up for and want to be able to complete.  I’m hesitant to see a doctor about my knee, I’ve injured it before, years ago, and they always tell me to ice/heat it, take an anti-inflammatory (Aleve, Ibuprofen, etc), and strengthen my leg muscles.  I think I’m going to go back to the gym so I can use the strength training equipment to work on that, as well as with winter coming, I want to start using the track.  I’m still going to try to make it outside on days that I can, as I understand road running is much different than running on a track or treadmill indoors.

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment