Monday, September 3, 2012

Goals

I went for my morning run today, it was warmer and more humid than I like, but I got out there anyway.  I'm glad I did since I recorded my best time so far, 16:03 min/mi.  Next time I'm hoping to get into the 15:00 min/mi range.  I tried out a new app this morning, Garmin Fit for iPhone.  I had previously been using MapMyFitness on my iPhone.  They're both good, and they both upload your data to a website where it can be retrieved in greater detail.  I have to say, I like the immediate feedback of MapMyFitness better, but the website for Garmin Fit seems to provide better analysis after the fact.  I think I'm going to continue using Garmin Fit going forward.


I was also looking for a race to sign up for next spring to keep me motivated.  I found a 5k in Door County that I'd like to sign up for.  Based on my current time and last year's results I certainly wouldn't finish last, although with more training I would hope to finish around the 30 minute mark.  I'm also already signed up for Warrior Dash next August, which gives me motivation to get in better shape.

One of the things I would really like to pursue possibly next fall is a half marathon.  I really want a medal, but to say I ran one would be a huge accomplishment for me.  Then, after that would obviously be to tackle a marathon.  In looking at what's out there, there are so many different runs and themes, such as Vegas, Disney, and others.  I've just got to keep on training and I'll surely get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment