Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Jingle Bells!!

Today was a day of accomplishments.  I signed up for my first real 5K, the Jingle Bell Run in November, and hit the 15:00 min/mi pace mark.  I realized I'd been making the mistake of recording my warm up walk to the trail every day, which is partially why I was in the 16:00+ min/mi in the past.  I think I've improved overall as well.

I can't wait till my knee straps get here tomorrow.  I ran out of athletic tape to wrap my knees, so I used Ace bandages tonight, which I wrapped too tight.  I ended up taking them off halfway through my run, and I could feel the pain of the impact on my knees.  I'm hoping the knee straps work as well as they say they do, otherwise I'm sure I'll figure something else out.

I think I'm going to take tomorrow off as a rest day for sure, and possibly Thursday as I have some plans after work.  I should be able to get out again on Friday, and by that time it should have cooled off a bit.  Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment