Sunday, September 23, 2012

Keep on Running

Over the past week I’ve continued to improve in my running, my new shoes don’t hurt as much, which I’m glad it was just me and not the shoes.  I’m also building my endurance to keep on running longer.  I don’t currently monitor my time or pace while I’m running because I’m keeping time with my iPhone in my pocket while I’m running, but I really want to get a Garmin Forerunner 10, but I can’t find any in the stores around here.  I think it would be a great help and motivation to keep me going longer.

I walked in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure today.  This is the first year I’ve DSCN0063participated in these types of events and I really like them.  Seeing the people who have survived the things I’m walking/running for is really inspiring.  It also keeps me going when I think my legs hurt, I just think of what some of these people have gone through.

When I got home from the race I went looking to see if there were any other causes that interested me that I could race for.  I’m determined to start running these races, so far I’ve only walked.  I found one called Get Your Rear In Gear for colon cancer.  I would really like to run this one as it hits home in my family and it’s something I’ve supported for a long time.  The race is in 3 weeks though, and I’m not sure I’m ready to run that soon.  I was going to have my first real running 5k in November at the Jingle Bell Run.  I’m going to have to see how this week goes and if I can get up the nerves to sign up for the run.  I don’t think I’d have anyone else who would want to run it with me, so I’ll see how gutsy I end up feeling.

I’m going to keep on running as I’m determined to meet my goals.  I have a half marathon I want to run next year (Brewers Mini Marathon) and several 5k’s before then.  Just going to keep on running.

No comments:

Post a Comment