Friday, September 7, 2012

Lungs vs Legs

When I started running my main concern was my asthma.  I seem to have gotten that under control with the cooler temps outside and with more practice.  My knees were then starting to bother me, so I got some knee wraps, which have really helped the knee pain.  Now it seems that my knees are under better control I need to work harder on my lungs.  I was able to get out for a run tonight after 2 nights off, which allowed my body to heal and recover from 4 days straight of running, which honestly I wasn't used to.  On the plus side my average pace tonight was 15:41 min/mi, with my first mile being 14:43.  Every time it seems to get a little easier, which is encouraging.  I've just got to keep practicing and in no time I'll be running a 10:00 mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment