Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Something’s Better Than Nothing

It really wasn’t that bad.  I managed to get out the door for a run after work.  I’m trying out those Gu packets, I had ordered a sampler pack last week.  Normally by the time I get home from work I’m tired and hungry.  I ate a Pineapple Gu when I got home today, changed into my running gear, and headed out the door. 

It was pretty humid on the trail, which just makes it more difficult to breathe, and it was kind of warm.  I didn’t think I’d last that long, after a long day’s work I didn’t feel as energetic as I have on my morning runs, and I just wasn’t feeling it tonight.  I decided at least I got out, and even if I just did 2 miles it would be better than doing nothing at all.

I managed to get to the top of the hill on my trail, which was about 1.5 miles.  I turned around, stopped for a moment to admire the lake, with the fog settling on it, and started running back.  I didn’t do as well overall as I would have liked, but considering I just did two 5 mile runs over the weekend, I’m not going to be too hard on myself.

I don’t think I’ll be running tomorrow, I have a late day at work, and have to get caught up on some other stuff, but will definitely be getting out the door on Thursday.  Hopefully it’s raining!

No comments:

Post a Comment