Monday, April 29, 2013

It’s finally warm out!!

It’s been a long cold spring, and it felt like it was never going to warm up, but this past weekend it finally hit 70 and I was able to get out and enjoy it!  I’ve been working on getting over this psychological barrier that seems to make me want to stop and walk at certain points.  I’m certainly no marathoner (yet), but I have more endurance than I give myself credit for.  For instance, when I see that I’ve hit the 1 mile mark, my mind tells my body to stop and walk, even though I’m still breathing fine and my legs don’t hurt.  I was proud of myself this weekend though ~ I got to the 1 mile mark, then the 2 mile mark, and then stopped at 3.  I started up shortly thereafter and kept going until 4.3.  I’m planning on getting out again tomorrow as long as it’s not storming.  The Door County 5K is this weekend, so I have to be prepared!! Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment